On Monday, September 6, roads will be temporarily closed for the Labor Day Road Race. Starting at about 7 a.m. all traffic headed into town on Vineville Avenue will be blocked.
The 5K road race will begin at 7:30 a.m. Traffic going out of town on Vineville Avenue will be diverted at Hines Terrace to facilitate the 5K road race.
The 10K will begin at 8 a.m., at the Run Fit Sports, located on Forsyth Road. The outside lane of Forsyth Road, Vineville Avenue, all the way to Forsyth Street and at the DT Walton Sr. Way intersection will be blocked during the road race.
The roads will continue to be blocked until all participants have cleared those areas. There will be intermittent traffic control at all of the intersections listed below.
Order of Traffic
• Forsyth Road to Vineville Avenue
• Vineville Avenue to Forsyth Street
• Forsyth Street to DT Walton Sr.Way (behind the Government Center)
• DT Walton to Popular Street
• Popular Street to First Street
• First Street to Cherry Street
• Cherry Street to Cotton Avenue
• Cotton Avenue to Second Street
• Second Street to Walnut Street
• Walnut Street to Seventh Street
• Seventh Street into Central City Park
Everything should reopen by 11 a.m.