Hallowfest returns to Six Flags Over Georgia next week with seven new nights added to the schedule.
The event will kick off on Sept. 18. The area’s premier Halloween celebration has added seven chilling nights and will operate on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays through Nov. 1. The event will feature Day Thrills with a variety of family-friendly activities and exhilarating rides. The event will turn into Night Chills in the evening, featuring 12 monster coasters operating in the dark, and haunting Halloween theming throughout the park.
During daylight hours, families and young thrill-seekers will experience five family-friendly Fair Zones including:
· Scarecrow Square, where fall is in the air and scarecrows are everywhere;
· Pirate Pointe, featuring silly stories from the sea for scallywags of any size, plus a chance to walk the plank;
· Witch Way, where kids are sure to be spellbound by sorcerous stories, fun games and magical memories;
· Pumpkin Patch – a glowing sea of orange in the giant Jack-O-Lantern field, pumpkin decorating arts and crafts; and
· Clown Town – a barrel full of laughs, stilt walkers, and famous balloon animals.
For all of the little monsters in the family, Day Thrills include a Trick-or-Treat trail, a costume contest, Halloween themed shows, rides and attractions highlight Day Thrills.
After 6 p.m., all attractions take a wicked turn into the wide-open midways with Night Chills, including:
· Zombie Zoo, where caged zombies are on display and snarling for a selfie;
· Icons of Halloween are swarming in Seeds of Samhain through a haunted pumpkin patch;
· Cursed Cove, featuring corrupt pirates on the hunt for souls who come too close to their treasure;
· Big Top Terror, full of maniacal clowns eager to give you the fright of your life; and
· Cannibal Cookout with flesh-eating freaks and mutilated monsters lurking in the shadows.
Hallowfest will run from 6 to 11 p.m. Fridays and 1 to 9 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays with limited capacity to prevent overcrowding. Reservations will be required and slots are expected to fill up quickly.
The park’s comprehensive and ongoing safety protocols will be in effect for the entire run of the event. For more information on Hallowfest and Six Flags’ comprehensive safety guidelines, visit www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/special-events/hallowfest.
Six Flags Memberships and tickets to Hallowfest are on sale now at www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia. A Six Flags Membership provides all the benefits of a Season Pass, plus up to 50% off purchases in the park, unlimited soft drinks for most Members, exclusive event dates, free friend tickets and more.