The Hospitality Education Foundation of Georgia partnered with the Taste of NFL to offer Georgia ProStart students the lifetime opportunity to work alongside celebrity chefs in preparation and service of the Taste of NFL. More than 100 ProStart educators and high school students participated in the two-day event that culminated with the sort and disbursement of more than $5,000 worth of food and product for the Atlanta Food Bank.
Taste of the NFL, the premiere sanctioned Super Bowl event dedicated to ending hunger in the United States, proudly welcomed celebrity chefs from around the nation at the 28th Annual Party with a Purpose. The annual star-studded food, football and charity tasting event is attended by more than 2,500 guests each year and 100% of proceeds go directly back to each team’s hometown community, supporting food banks and pantries in all 32 cities.
The foundation is a statewide educational foundation that connects culinary arts and hospitality classrooms with the industry resources and opportunities that connect young people careers in the hospitality industry.
ProStart is a two-year program developed by the National Restaurant Association that teaches students culinary techniques and management skills. In partnership with the Georgia Restaurant Association, the foundation administers the ProStart Program for the State of Georgia.
Here are the Georgia high schools who participated.
- Meadowcreek High School, Norcross, GA – Educator Chef Simone Byron
- Clarkston High School, Clarkston, GA – Educator Chef Jesse McNair
- Riverwood International Charter High School Atlanta, GA – Educator Chef Elissa Oliver
- Warren Technical School, Atlanta, GA – Educators Chef Dene Lynn and Adrianne Anthony: this is a special needs school that serves the special education student population in DeKalb County. The single student picture is one of their students. I emailed that info last week.
- Westover High School, Albany, GA – Educator Chef Robert Schley, 2017 GA ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Baldwin College & Career Academy, Milledgeville, GA – Educator Yvonne Hardy
- Alpharetta High School, Alpharetta, GA – Educator Chef Chris Webber
- SE Bulloch High School, Brooklet, GA – Educator Cynthia Lovett
- Sandy Creek High School, Tyrone, GA – Educator Chef Margaret June
- Maxwell High School of Technology, Lawrenceville, GA – Educator Chef Amanda Williams